Australia are set for a high-voltage cricket summer as they square-off against Team India in the first ODI on 27 November at the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG). While the visitors are going to play the first bilateral rubber since the COVID-19 epidemic, the Australian team will be confident after their series win in England in September before the Indian Premier League 2020.
Australia will go into the series openers on Friday with full force to deal with in-blue.
Here is Australia’s predicted XI against India for the first ODI:
1. Aaron Finch (C): Finch may have forgotten the IPL season a few weeks ago, with the Australia limited-overs captain among the runs in 10 ODIs played earlier this year. He scored 424 runs in those many games, with one century and three fifties.
2. David Warner: After being upset with Jofra Archer in the England tour, David Warner returned to form in the recently concluded IPL. He scored 548 runs in 16 matches, including four fifties. Warner has been among the runners recently and will have a match to go against India.
3. Steve Smith: The former Australian captain has recently talked about finding his hands, this will be an important factor in the Australian batting line-up. He missed the England series due to being a constituent but in 2020 he averages 58 in seven ODIs.
ALSO READ | India vs Australia: 1st ODI before Virat Kohli’s energetic net practice, ‘to perfect them in time’ – PhCH
4. Maranus Labsugane: Maranus is in great form this year. He has scored 394 runs in ten ODIs, including a century and a half-century. He will lead the Australian middle order in the fight against the Indians.
5. Marcus Stoinis: In the recently concluded IPL, Stoinis showed what he was capable of. He was not in the midst of runs against England, but after drawing attention in the UAE for the Delhi Capitals with over 350 runs and taking 13 wickets. Their inclusion will strengthen the core of the team against India.
6. Glenn Maxwell: Maxwell was one of the most criticized players in IPL 2020. Despite achieving the Man of the Series against England, Maxwell had the worst season in the United Arab Emirates. However, the all-rounder is hopeful for a Dev home season and is likely to find a place in the line-up.
7. Alex Carrie: The wicketkeeper-batsman will be the first choice in the line-up after his performance against England in September. His first century against England in the final ODI helped the Australian team seal the series.
ALSO READ | India pre-set XI vs Australia: Will KL Rahul play or play in the middle order?
8. Michelle Stark: Australian bowling mainstay, Stark will lead the team pace battery. He had a good Sheffield Shield season with both bat and ball for New South Wales. He will be expected to continue the rhythm when he takes the field against India.
9. Pat Cummins: Cummins will enter the competition after one season of the Indian Premier League. He was not very effective with the ball, but certainly impressive with the bat. His newly discovered batting will have additional assets for the lower order.
10. Adam Zampa: Zampa will head the Australian spin department. He was the highest wicket-taker against England and was also very useful to RCB in the IPL. His stats against Virat Kohli in ODIs – 7 dismissals – will be something that the hosts will count on.
11. Hazelwood: Hazelwood’s wood is teaming up with Stark, as he did against England. He has been more than 10 effective in seven matches in the 50-over format this year.
Australia predicts India vs XI: Aaron Finch, David Warner, Steve Smith, Maranus Labuschgane, Marcus Stoinis, Glenn Maxwell, Alex Carrie, Michelle Stark, Pat Cummins, Adam Zampa, Josh Hazlewood
STAY TUNED WITH US FOR MORE INTERESTING CONTENT ONLY ON DESINEW.XYZ