Chinese army withdraw troops from Pangong Tso area: Source | India news

Chinese army withdraw troops from Pangong Tso area: Source | India news

Let’s Start this Interesting Article Shared on

NEW DELHI: Chinese military reduced its presence while reducing its presence Finger four Some boats were lifted from Pangong Lake in eastern Ladakh before another round of Left-General level talks between India and China aimed at finalizing modalities for complete disintegration along the Line of Actual Control (LAC). Was to give, which people said on Saturday.
The escalation of tension in eastern Ladakh was triggered by a violent skirmish between two forces at Pangong Tso on 5 May, injuring a large number of personnel from both sides.
Following the incident, the two sides were locked in a confrontation with the eyeball at three other locations in the region.

In military negotiations, both sides are expected to focus exclusively on completing the withdrawal of troops from Pangong Tso and Depsang, in addition to the displacement of large numbers of troops from rear bases by both sides in timeframes Creating a detailed roadmap. . Both sides fiercely looted troops and weapons, including tanks and artillery guns, in eastern Ladakh.
The formal disbanding of troops began on Monday morning after nearly two hours of telephonic conversations between the National Security Advisor. Ajit Doval And Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi on Sunday.
Sources said the Chinese Army has retreated its troops from face-off sites in the Galwan Valley, Gogra and Hot Springs as part of the first phase of the disintegration process from friction points on the LAC in eastern Ladakh.
The main focus has now shifted to Pangong Tso. India has been insisting that China should withdraw its forces from the areas between Finger Four and Eight. The mountain spurs in the area are known as Fingers.
Sources said the withdrawal of Chinese troops into the Finger Four’s rigline has been stopped and they have evacuated some boats.
On Friday, India and China held another round of diplomatic talks, during which both sides resolved to move forward with “complete disintegration” of troops in eastern Ladakh for “complete restoration” of peace and tranquility.
At the meeting, it was decided that senior commanders of both armies met “soon” and took further steps to “ensure complete disintegration and de-escalation”.
Following an online diplomatic meeting under the framework of the Working Mechanism for Consultation and Coordination (WMCC) on Indo-China border matters, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MEA) said that the two sides have agreed on the maintenance of “lasting peace” in the border areas. Essential for the overall development of bilateral relations.
The MEA stated that the two sides reaffirmed ensuring complete disintegration of troops with the LAC for full restoration of peace and tranquility in the border areas in accordance with bilateral agreements and protocols.
The two sides have held several rounds of diplomatic and military talks over the past few weeks to ease tensions in the region. However, there was no sign of any end to the deadlock till Sunday evening.
On 30 June, the Indian and Chinese forces held a third round of lieutenant-general level talks, during which both sides called for a “swift, phased and step-up” de-escalation as a “priority” to end the deadlock. Agreed upon.
The first round of Lieutenant General talks was held on 6 June, during which both sides finalized the agreement to gradually separate from all deadlock points starting from the Galvan Valley.
However, the situation worsened after the conflict in the Galavan Valley as both sides significantly accelerated their deployment in most areas along the LAC. On June 15, 20 Indian Army personnel were killed in the conflict.
The Chinese side also suffered casualties, but has not yet been reported. According to an American intelligence report, the casualties were 35 on the Chinese side.
Tensions escalated in eastern Ladakh about two months ago, after nearly 250 Chinese and Indian soldiers were violently confronted on May 5 and 6. After this, a similar incident took place in North Sikkim on 9 May.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *