India’s top military brass met PM Modi amid growing tension with China

India’s top military brass met PM Modi amid growing tension with China

Let’s Start this Interesting Article Shared on DesiNew.xyz

NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi amidst growing tension between Indian and Chinese soldiers in East Ladakh Modi Government sources said that on Tuesday, National Security Advisor Ajit Doval, Chief of Defense Staff General Bipin Rawat and three service chiefs met with a focus on India’s military preparedness to deal with external security challenges.
Military brass has been apprised to PM Modi about the evolving situation in eastern Ladakh, though officials said the agenda of the pre-scheduled meeting was to discuss ambitious military reforms and ways to boost India’s war skills.
The top four generals briefed the defense minister Rajnath Singh about the situation in Pangong Tso Lake, Galwan Valley, Demchok and Daulat Beg Oldi, where Indian and Chinese troops had been engaged in an aggressive posture for the past 20 days.
People in the military establishment said that the Prime Minister was informed about the situation in Ladakh. No official comment or details about the meeting were available.
Official sources said that NSA Doval is closely monitoring the situation developed with LAC in Ladakh as well as in North Sikkim and Uttarakhand.
An official on condition of anonymity said, “China’s strategy to exert military pressure on India will not work. We want to restore the status quo with the LAC.”
In the meeting, the top military brass is apprised to Modi about the implementation of major infrastructure projects along the LAC of the actual border with China.
Official sources said that India would not stop infrastructure development projects in strategic areas along the nearly 3,500-km Sino-India border, despite China’s well-coordinated efforts by trying to gauge the situation in areas such as East Ladakh.
It is learned that the Defense Minister has already told the top military brass that there was no need to review the implementation of any important projects with LAC in Ladakh, Sikkim, Uttarakhand or Arunachal Pradesh.
In view of the nearly 20-day standoff between the two sides, the Indian Army has significantly walked the ramp to send a message to register its presence in sensitive border areas of Ladakh besides North Sikkim, Uttarakhand and Arunachal Pradesh, so that India will not be able to subdue anyone. Sources said aggressive military postings by China.
The Chinese side has been specifically introduced to link the Pesh-Shyok-Daulat Beg Oldi Road to the Galvan Valley in addition to laying a major road in the finger area of ​​the Pangong Tso Lake area in India.
The situation worsened in eastern Ladakh after about 250 Chinese and Indian soldiers confronted violently on the evening of May 5, who agreed to attend a post-level meeting, agreeing to the “dissolution” of both sides before the next day. The local commander.
More than 100 Indian and Chinese soldiers were injured in the violence. The trigger for this incident was China’s strong objection to India’s road to the finger area in Pangong Tso Lake.
A similar incident took place in North Sikkim on May 9 after the incident in Pangong Tso.
Since then, the Chinese military has increased its strength in Pangong Tso Lake, Galvan Valley, Demchok and Daulat Beg Oldi and resorted to “aggressive patrolling” in these areas. The Indian Army is also doing a similar exercise in this area.
India said last week that the Chinese military was disrupting normal patrolling by its troops and insisted that India has always taken a very responsible attitude towards border management.
In a media briefing, Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Anurag Shrivastava also strongly refuted China’s argument that tensions had arisen due to atrocities on the Chinese side by the Indian Army.
India’s response came two days after China accused the Indian Army of sneaking into its territory, claiming to “try to unilaterally change” the LAC’s position in Sikkim and Ladakh.
On 5 May, Indian and Chinese army personnel clashed with iron rods, batons and even resorted to stone pelting in the Pangong Tso Lake area, injuring soldiers on both sides.
In a separate incident, around 150 Indian and Chinese military personnel were engaged face-to-face near Naku La Pass in Sikkim sector on May 9. At least 10 soldiers from both sides sustained injuries.
Indian and Chinese armies engaged in stand-off for 73 days Doklam Tri-Junction In 2017 that also raised fears of a war between two nuclear-armed neighbors.
In the meeting with the Prime Minister, sources said, General Rawat apprised him of the implementation of the recommendations by the Lt. General (retd) Shekhtkar Committee for military modernization.
The government has accepted almost all the recommendations of the panel, including ways to enhance the border infrastructure.
In the video: India, China continue face to face in East Ladakh region

STAY TUNED WITH US FOR MORE INTERESTING CONTENT ONLY ON DESINEW.XYZ

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *