The commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps of Iran said that his country is ready for any invasion with a decisive and firm pledge as the Iranians mark the first anniversary of the assassination of a top general.
Major General Hossein Salami said, “Any action taken by the enemy against us will be decisively and firmly responded.”
“It has been shown many times that we have never faced any threat or attack by the enemy and we will not ignore them,” he said.
Comments on the first anniversary of the US assassination of General Kasem Solimani in a drone strike in Iraq on January 3, 2020. Iranians are marking death on Saturday, January 2, the same date in the Persian calendar this year. .
Iranian officials and military commanders have vowed to avenge the strike repeatedly until US forces are scattered throughout the Middle East.
US President Donald Trump’s decision to target Solomoni has put countries on the brink of war, avoiding a security crisis in the Persian Gulf, when Trump abandoned the 2015 nuclear deal.
President-Elect Joe Biden has said he wants to save the deal and end the deadlock with Iran, but Trump has continued with threats in Tehran. Earlier this week, Washington deployed two B-52 bombers to the Persian Gulf in a show of force.
STAY TUNED WITH US FOR MORE INTERESTING CONTENT ONLY ON DESINEW.XYZ