Luis Suarez from Barcelona to Atletico Madrid – go to football

Luis Suarez from Barcelona to Atletico Madrid – go to football

Luis Suarez is living in Spain after all.

Barcelona said late Wednesday that it reached an agreement with Atletico Madrid for a transfer of 6 million euros ($ 7 million) for the Uruguay striker.

Suarez was let go of Barcelona after six successful seasons in which he won 13 titles with the Catalan club. He is behind Sisar Rodríguez (232) and Lionel Messi (634) as Barcelona’s third-highest scorers with 198 goals.

The 33-year-old Suarez was to find a new club after being told by incoming Barcelona coach Ronald Coman that he was not in his plans. In August, Koeman was asked to revamp his Barcelona squad following an 8–2 embarrassing defeat to Bayern Munich in the quarter-finals of the Champions League. It is also expected to leave.

Messi, Suarez’s longtime friend and teammate, wanted to leave, but would stay after the club declined his request for a free transfer at the end of last season.

Barcelona said it wanted to publicly thank Luis Suarez for his commitment and dedication, and wish him “the best for the future.” The club said Suarez would hold a news conference on Thursday. He reportedly bid farewell to his teammates on Wednesday.

Spanish media said Barcelona had initially entered into an agreement with Suarez to release him for free, but it was later revealed that it was known that he wanted to go to Atletico’s rival. Suarez’s lawyers had been negotiating with the Catalan club since Tuesday to try to make his move possible for Atletico.

Suarez, who arrived in Barcelona from Liverpool in 2014, will join Atletico’s Argentina coach Diego Simeone, who has always admired Suarez and is known for adopting the same hard-working, never-give-up attitude as the Uruguay striker. is.

Suarez initially set to join Juventus, Italy, and also took a test to obtain a European passport that could help him complete the move. But the deal fell through because the passport process reportedly took too long, and Juventus decided to go after Alvaro Morata of Atlético, opening up space for Suárez in Simeon’s squad.

Simeon still has Diego Costa and João Felix as its main attackers, but both scored just 14 goals for Atletico last season, seven goals less than Suarez for Barcelona.

The Catalan club had already added young Portugal forward Francisco Trinco this season. It still stars Antoine Griezmann, Osman Dembélé and the young Ansu Fati, who were officially inducted into the first team on Wednesday and increased from 170 million euros ($ 199 million) to 400 million euros ($ 469 million). Mortin is also a Braithwaite. There is an option up front for Koman, and the club were reportedly looking to sign Memphis Depe and Lutaro Martinez.

Atlético will make their Spanish league debut on Sunday at the Wanda Metropolitano Stadium against Granada. Atletico’s first two matches were postponed as it played in the quarter-finals of the Champions League late last season.

STAY TUNED WITH US FOR MORE INTERESTING CONTENT ONLY ON DESINEW.XYZ

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *