The army chief visited Ladakh; Took stock of the ground situation. India news

The army chief visited Ladakh; Took stock of the ground situation. India news

Let’s Start this Interesting Article Shared on

ANI photo

New Delhi: Army Chief General MM Narwane on Tuesday reviewed India’s military preparedness in East Ladakh as he embarked on a two-day visit to the region, amid a tense standoff with Chinese people during a border conflict last week 20 Indian soldiers were killed by the liberation army.
Army officials said that soon after reaching Leh, General Narwane visited an army hospital where 18 soldiers injured in the skirmish in the Galvan valley on June 15 are undergoing treatment.
He said the army chief interacted with almost all the wounded soldiers and praised them for their bravery.
A surveillance post set up by the Chinese Army on a narrow mountainous path in violation of an agreement was the trigger for a clash in the Galwan Valley in which 20 Indian soldiers were killed.
General Narwen, after visiting the hospital, reviewed the overall security situation in the area with ground commanders, and has learned to direct them to keep a high level of vigilance to deal with any Chinese daring, from this issue. Familiar people said.
The Army Chief is scheduled to visit several forward areas during his two-day field visit.
Last week, Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria reviewed the Ladakh and Srinagar airports. Indian Air ForcePreparations to deal with any event in the area
Before leaving for Leh, General Narwane attended the final session of the two-day conference of top army commanders. The situation in East Ladakh was extensively discussed by the commanders.
In Leh, General Narwana was scheduled to hold a comprehensive meeting with Lieutenant General Harinder Singh, commander of 14 Corps, taking care of the sensitive border with China.
On Monday, Lieutenant General Singh held a meeting for about 11 hours with Major General Liu Lin, commander of the Tibet military district. At the meeting, the two sides reached a “mutual agreement” for “dissolution” from all friction points in eastern Ladakh.
The first round of Lieutenant General talks was held on 6 June, during which both sides finalized the agreement to gradually separate from all deadlock points starting from the Galvan Valley.
However, the situation on the border deteriorated after clashes in the Galvan valley on 15 June as both sides significantly accelerated their deployment in most areas with an actual border of 3,500 km.
On Sunday, the government reacted “unscrupulous” to any Chinese misdemeanors with the LAC giving the armed forces “full freedom”.
The army has already sent thousands of additional troops to the border in the last one week. The Indian Air Force has also shifted its range Sukhoi 30 MKI, Jaguar, Mirage 2000 aircraft and a large number of Apache attack helicopters to several major airports including Leh and Srinagar.
The situation in eastern Ladakh deteriorated on 5 and 6. May after a violent confrontation of around 250 Chinese and Indian soldiers, followed by a similar incident in Pangong Tso in the north Sikkim On 9 May.
Before the skirmishes, both sides had been claiming that in order to pending the final resolution of the border issue, it was necessary to maintain peace and tranquility in the border areas.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *