The government and the protesters reached a consensus. The sit-in in Quetta should end and the bodies should be buried

The government and the protesters reached a consensus. The sit-in in Quetta should end and the bodies should be buried

Federal Minister Ali Zaidi addresses protesters at a sit-in in Quetta on January 9, 2021. – YouTube

The federal government and the protesting Hazara community reached a consensus late Friday and later decided to end their sit-in. Protesters have also agreed to bury the slain coal miners.

Thousands of Hazara protesters, including women and children, have been protesting on the Western Bypass for the past six days against the brutal execution of 10 Hazara coal miners in Machh.

Meanwhile, speaking to protesters on the occasion, Maritime Affairs Minister Ali Haider Zaidi said such “incidents should end now.”

The minister, who had offered to negotiate on behalf of the government, said a written agreement had been reached with the Shahda Action Committee.

“The government has never had such a written agreement with any other government,” he said.

‘Difficult demands’

“The demands put before us were difficult,” Zaidi said. He added that a decision has also been taken to remove some officers.

The minister said that if the government in Pakistan had not been so poor, such poverty would not have existed.

“People would not have been massacred like this,” he said. “Foreign elements want to create sectarian divisions in Pakistan,” he added.

With the end of the agreement, the sit-in of the families of the victims of the massacre, which had been going on for the past six days in connection with the cold temperatures, ended.

Zaidi also announced scholarships from his ministry for the children of all victims.

Moreover, Balochistan Chief Minister Jam Kamal Khan said that he was grateful to the people for ending the protests, adding that no system could develop where there was “coercion”.

On January 09, 2021, Balochistan Chief Minister Jam Kamal Khan is addressing the protesters at a sit-in in Quetta. – YouTube

Emphasizing that the city and the province belong to the people, the Chief Minister maintained that it was the responsibility of the government to provide protection and security to the citizens.

The Chief Minister said that the aim of the government is a “prosperous Balochistan” and his team is working for it.

The Chief Minister also said that the recent episode should be a “lesson to be learned for the rulers of the country”, adding that “the demands made today should be met without this sit-in.”

“It is not necessary to have a sit-in, every government should meet these requirements,” he said.

At the end of his address, the Chief Minister apologized to the protesters and said that he was sorry for the inconvenience caused to them. He added that he was “not ashamed to apologize to his people.”

Prime Minister Imran Khan will meet the Chief of Army Staff

Addressing the gathering, Deputy Speaker National Assembly Qasim Suri said that as soon as the bodies of the deceased would be buried, Prime Minister Imran Khan and Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa would reach Quetta to offer condolences to the affected families.

The deputy speaker added that protests across the country would end.

Meanwhile, Assistant Commissioner Model Town Zeeshan Ranjha said that the sit-in in Lahore has ended after successful talks with the protesters.

Ranjha announced that the Majlis-e-Wahdat-e-Muslimeen has announced to end the sit-in on Chungi Amr Sadhu.

Moreover, after the end of the sit-in in Quetta, the protest at D-Chowk in Islamabad also ended.

Similarly, Majlis-e-Wahdat-e-Muslimeen has also announced to end the sit-in in Karachi.

incident

Ten callers were killed and four others were seriously injured when gunmen attacked them in a coal field in Balochistan’s Bolan District on Sunday.

According to police, the coal miners were taken to nearby mountains where they were shot.

According to AFP, 10 miners were abducted while sleeping near a remote coal mine in the southwestern mountainous Machh area, 60km southeast of Quetta. This was stated by local government official Abid Saleem.

Security officials, who did not want to be named, told AFP that the attackers first tied their hands and feet and separated them from the miners to kill them in the hills. Most were shot, but some were beheaded.

Afghanistan demands return of bodies of three Afghans hanged in Machh tragedy

Officials said Monday that ten people had been killed in the attack, adding to the number of previous deaths, according to AFP.

The militant group Dash, which monitors militant activity around the world, has claimed responsibility for the attack, according to SITE Intelligence.

STAY TUNED WITH US FOR MORE INTERESTING CONTENT ONLY ON DESINEW.XYZ

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *