On Thursday, the federal government banned the Tehreek-e-Lubaik Pakistan (TLP) under the Anti-Terrorism Act. A notification in this regard was issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
“The federal government has good reason to believe that Tehreek-e-Libya Pakistan is involved in terrorism. It has acted in a biased manner for the peace and security of the country. It has been involved in spreading chaos in the country by intimidating the people. Physical abuse caused damage to law enforcement personnel and innocent conscientious objectors, injuries and deaths, assaults on civilians and officials, widespread obstruction, intimidation, abuse and hatred, vehicles Including vandalism of public and government property, and vandalism. The notification states that it has stopped providing basic health care to hospitals, and that it has used, threatened, coerced, and subjugated the government, the public, and largely in society and the public. Created a sense of fear and insecurity.
Therefore, in exercising the powers conferred by Section 11B (1) of the Anti-Terrorism Act, 1997, the Federal Government agrees that Tehreek-e-Lubaik Pakistan be listed as a prohibited organization for the said Act in the First Schedule. The notification came after Prime Minister Imran Khan and the federal cabinet on Thursday approved a summary from the Interior Ministry to ban the TLP under the anti-terrorism law.
Earlier, Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid had said that the government would not allow anyone to spread chaos in the country and those who were out of such an agenda would have to suffer the consequences. Addressing a press conference adjacent to Minister for Religious Affairs Noorul Haq Qadri, he said that the government would not show any leniency as no one involved in the violence would be allowed to be released.
The minister said that after issuing a notification banning the Tehreek-e-Lubaik Pakistan (TLP), a reference would be filed in the Supreme Court to dissolve it.
As the ECP has identified the TLP, all party parliamentarians will be disqualified.
He said that two police constables were martyred in violent clashes with TLP workers and 580 others were injured. In addition, 20 vehicles were either burned or severely damaged by the mob. He said that Prime Minister Imran Khan had especially praised the law enforcement personnel for combating the violent mob. He vowed that no leniency would be shown and all those involved in creating law and order would be dealt with with iron fists.
The minister said the religious party had “dangerous” plans and designs as it was based on a sit-in at the Faizabad Interchange for the fourth time, and decisions such as banning the TLP were necessary. He said it was unfortunate that the protesters resorted to violence, as the government tried to resolve the issue through dialogue as it did not back down from its promise to table a resolution in parliament. “We learned during the talks that the TLP was planning a march on April 20,” he said, adding that the party’s response to the arrest of its leader could not be justified. “Their response was neither in accordance with our religion nor with our constitution,” he added.
Addressing on the occasion, Qadri said that he had been a member of TLP for the last two years as the government was trying to bring it into the national mainstream. He said the government had never backed down from its commitment to table a resolution in the National Assembly. He wanted to draft a resolution by consensus. To this end, it even offered to form a parliamentary committee to work on the draft in consultation with the TLP. He added that the latter was unfortunately not agreed upon.
As an elected government, Qadri said, every effort was made to persuade the TLP leaders to adopt some realistic approach. Talking about the arrest of Saad Rizvi, the minister said that political leaders, religious leaders and businessmen have been arrested, but the reaction of the TLP cannot be termed as rational. He further said that the protection of the Holy Prophet (SAW) is the responsibility of the government of Pakistan and it will do the same in the international forum.
In response to a question, the Interior Minister said, “All French citizens are safe here and there is no danger to them.”
Later in the evening, Saad Rizvi told his followers to “immediately remove all protests and roadblocks.” A post on Twitter by Shahbaz Gul, Special Assistant to Prime Minister Imran Khan for Political Communications, titled “Hafiz Mohammad Saad Rizvi’s latest statement”, a photo of a handwritten note dated April 15 (Thursday). Shown. “I appeal to all the central leadership and workers of Tehreek-e-Libek, with a full explanation of the mind of Hafiz Saad Rizvi son (late) Khadim Hussain Rizvi, and without any force, to work for the good of the nation and the people,” he said. Please do not take any illegal action. All protest rallies and roadblocks should be removed immediately. All workers should disperse peacefully and return to their homes and cooperate fully with law enforcement agencies.
STAY TUNED WITH US FOR MORE INTERESTING CONTENT ONLY ON DESINEW.XYZ