Let’s Start this Interesting Article Shared on DesiNew.xyz
Medical Education Minister Amit Deshmukh asked the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS) to seek directions from the Central Councils for Medical Education, the state’s legitimacy is beginning to be received from the respective councils.
Almost all the councils – AYUSH, Dentistry and Nursing Rights – have been advocated to conduct all examinations of all students of Health Sciences, irrespective of the year of the semester. The Medical Council of India’s Board of Governors (MCI-BOG), which is the most important council in its current state, is yet to issue guidelines for examinations for modern medical science courses (MBBS / MD).
However, the MCI is also set to follow the trend of other Central Councils, with some more comfort for modern medical science students as they are working as front-line Kovid warriors.
Based on the examination guidelines issued by the Indian System of Medicine (CCIM), Dental Council of India and Nursing Council and all have recommended that the examinations should be for all students of Health Sciences.
The guidelines clearly state that the examination should be conducted and the university should call to ascertain how they should ensure proper protection of students.
Deshmukh said that the University of Health will give the final call. “I have discussed the issue with the chancellor of MUHS. The university is working on the details, but is waiting for clarity from the central councils so that they can act fast.”
MUHS sources said that the university has made two or three different plans to conduct the examination following the guidelines of the Central Council. However, all examinations of health science courses are likely to be held in Maharashtra.
Which councils have been suggested by MUHS
– It must conduct proper examination of all UG and PG students
– Universities should inform the students about the examination schedule at least 2-4 weeks in advance.
– If the college hospital is Kovid-19 hospital, then clinical examination can be conducted in the nearby college hospital
– Pre-clinical subject test (practical) can be taken online
– It is mandatory for the university to issue mark sheets to every student
– Mark sheet should mention marks secured in each subject.
Rest for students
– The student should be allowed to select a nearby college as the examination center
– General (75%) of mandatory attendance may be relaxed
– Lockdown period can be considered as ‘understood’ by all students
– No additional cost to students as a result of disruptions in teaching, assessment process
– Strategies like submission of dissertation online for PG students
STAY TUNED WITH US FOR MORE INTERESTING CONTENT ONLY ON DESINEW.XYZ