Let’s Start this Interesting Article Shared on DesiNew.xyz
The theme of this year’s high-level segment is “Multilateralism after Kovid-19: What kind of UN do we need on the 75th anniversary”.
These are the highlights of PM Modi’s address:
* With our deep commitment to maintaining global cohesion, India will play its role in full support of the United Nations agenda to improve socio-economic equity and maintain the balance of nature.
* In our joint fight against Kovid-19, we have extended medical and other aid to more than 150 countries.
* Today, through our domestic efforts, we are again playing a major role in achieving ‘Agenda 2030’ and sustainable development goals. We are also supporting other developing countries in meeting their Sustainable Development Goals.
* Our aim is ‘Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Saath – Sabka Vikas’ – which means ‘Sabka Saath, Sabka Saath, Sabka Saath Sabka Faith’. This resonates with the basic SDG principle of leaving someone behind.
* Last year, we celebrated the 150th birth anniversary of our Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi, by achieving complete sanitation coverage in our six hundred thousand villages.
* We have leveraged the power of technology for financial inclusion. It is based on the trinity of a unique identification number, a bank account and a mobile connection for all.
* Our ‘Housing for All’ will ensure that every Indian has a safe and secure roof over his head by 2022, when India completes 75 years as an independent nation.
* We are also on track to remove TB by 2025. Other developing countries can learn from the scale and success of India’s development programs. And the technologies and innovations we have deployed.
* We launched one of the biggest campaigns for single-use plastic hygiene and discouraged use.
* Internationally, our initiative to establish the International Solar Alliance was a practical disclosure of climate action. Similarly, the Coalition for Disaster Prevention Facility brings together all concerned stakeholders.
Be it earthquake, cyclone, Ebola crisis or any other natural or man-made crisis, India has responded swiftly and with solidarity. In our joint fight against COVID, we have extended medical and other aid to more than 150 countries.
* The United Nations was originally born out of the Second World War fiasco. Today, the outbreak of the epidemic provides the context for its rebirth and improvement. We should not miss this opportunity.
STAY TUNED WITH US FOR MORE INTERESTING CONTENT ONLY ON DESINEW.XYZ