Ahead of Electoral College’s certification process and President-elect Joe Biden’s victory, some of the Republican lawmakers have objected to the certification in their last attempt to reverse the results. US President Donald Trump and his allies are trying to reverse the election results based on largely unproven claims of electoral fraud.
According to a CNN report, at least 140 House Republicans plan to vote against the count of electoral votes on January 6. Senator Josh Hawley of Missouri has also announced he would object to the Electoral College vote, reportedly hinting to Senate Majority Leader Mick McConnell. Ask him about the reasoning behind the verdict.
Republican leaders show motive
However, many Republican leaders, including McConnell, have been warning their GOP colleagues not to disrupt the certification process. Republican Senate Ben Sasse wrote in a Facebook post that he is urging his allies to dismiss “dangerous moves” to reverse the election. Sasse said he has not personally heard a single Congress Republican’s charge that the election results were fraud.
“Instead, I hear them talking about their concerns about how they will” see “President Trump’s most ardent supporters,” he wrote.
Sasse pointed out that there is a group of aspiring politicians who think “there is a quick way to tap into the president’s populist base without doing any real, long-term harm.” He warned that Trump and his allies are “playing with fire”, noting that the president and his “arson members of Congress” have no evidence to prove voter fraud.
While such efforts have no chance of succeeding, it can delay certification by a few hours, affecting already delayed infections. Biden had previously sang the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), alleging that the office was disrupted to disrupt the administration’s efforts to come to the presidency.
Trump’s budget chief Ras Watt said the Biden transition team is making “false allegations” about the Office of Management and the budget. In a letter to Biden’s transition chief Ted Kaufman, Watt said that the OMB has fully participated in the transition efforts, which include more than 45 meetings. He added that “drafting your team’s budget proposals is not the responsibility of the OMB transition.”
“The OMB will not participate in developing policies that will undermine border security, end presidential successes, and draft a budget that bankrupts the US,” the letter read.
STAY TUNED WITH US FOR MORE INTERESTING CONTENT ONLY ON DESINEW.XYZ