The Trump administration on Friday opted not to give ByteDance a new extension of an order requiring the Chinese company to divest Tiktok’s US assets, but continued on the fate of the video-sharing app in a conversation between the company and the government Expected to remain, the said information on two sources said.
Last week, the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States gave ByteDance a one-week extension until Friday on orders to demolish Teetalk’s U.S. assets. President Donald Trump’s August order empowered the Justice Department to implement the disinvestment order after the deadline expired, but it is unclear when or how the government could try to force a split.
The Department of Justice and the Treasury Department did not immediately respond to requests for comment, while the White House did not comment. TikTok declined to comment.
STAY TUNED WITH US FOR MORE INTERESTING CONTENT ONLY ON DESINEW.XYZ